Since getting into the whole nail art thing many months ago, I have learnt that I have MANY pet peeves when it comes to all things nail art related. The main one being that I genuinely cannot stand seeing my nails NOT painted, it’s so weird. I look at my nails, see they aren’t painted and just cringe.
Here’s a ‘few’ other pet peeves:
- Since we’re on the subject of always having a colour on your nails, I hate hate hate when I use my favourite colour (BLUE OF COURSE) and once I decide it’s time to change, it completely stains my nails. Leaving a mouldy, permanent colour for the next couple of days. The same applies with Greens, and especially Yellow’s
- The application of Glitter, as much as I LOVE sparkle, god it is difficult to get off! I really need to start remembering to use a peel off base coat!
- I don’t know if these can be classed as a pet peeve but I’m gonna say it is! When somebody says to me ‘did you get your nails done at the shop? Why didn’t you just do them yourself?’ Okay. So, I can never find a glue that is actually strong enough to keep on good quality nails especially since with the job I do, watches and changing the batteries would break them constantly. I go to the nail shop & get them done to a very natural length, I leave the, plain so that I can paint the designs onto them. Besides, it’s nice to be pampered once in a while!
- Over exaggeration with the amount of ‘charms’ or ‘jewels’ being used, like come on, you must admit they get rather tacky?! Personal preference on that one I guess.
- The most frustrating thing for me is no matter how hard I try, my left hand and right hand will never be the same. Doesn’t matter how much practice I give myself, my left hand does not want to function when it comes to nail designs.
- I ALWAYS, when I’ve taken a picture of my latest nail design compare it to where I got my inspiration. If I get my inspiration from a professional I sit there judging myself like ‘ooo you missed abit there, that isn’t straight’ etc etc, like hello? Why am I judging myself, it’s a hobby for me, not a profession and I need to teach myself that it’s okay!
- Having a good everything day. Hair is great, face on point, outfit looking lush… and then there’s your nails which you didn’t get time to do. Yep, it’s irritating. It just kills the whole vibe of the outfit.
There definitely needs to be a part 2 of this because I have plenty of pet peeves!
Until next time…