Manicure Mondays

Nail Related Pet Peeves

Since getting into the whole nail art thing many months ago, I have learnt that I have MANY pet peeves when it comes to all things nail art related. The main one being that I genuinely cannot stand seeing my nails NOT painted, it’s so weird. I look at my nails, see they aren’t painted and just cringe.

Here’s a ‘few’ other pet peeves:

• Since we’re on the subject of always having a colour on your nails, I hate hate hate when I use my favourite colour (BLUE OF COURSE) and once I decide it’s time to change, it completely stains my nails. Leaving a mouldy, permanent colour for the next couple of days. The same applies with Greens, and especially Yellow’s
  • The application of Glitter, as much as I LOVE sparkle, god it is difficult to get off! I really need to start remembering to use a peel off base coat!
  • I don’t know if these can be classed as a pet peeve but I’m gonna say it is! When somebody says to me ‘did you get your nails done at the shop? Why didn’t you just do them yourself?’ Okay. So, I can never find a glue that is actually strong enough to keep on good quality nails especially since with the job I do, watches and changing the batteries would break them constantly. I go to the nail shop & get them done to a very natural length, I leave the, plain so that I can paint the designs onto them. Besides, it’s nice to be pampered once in a while!
  • Over exaggeration with the amount of ‘charms’ or ‘jewels’ being used, like come on, you must admit they get rather tacky?! Personal preference on that one I guess.
  • The most frustrating thing for me is no matter how hard I try, my left hand and right hand will never be the same. Doesn’t matter how much practice I give myself, my left hand does not want to function when it comes to nail designs.
  • I ALWAYS, when I’ve taken a picture of my latest nail design compare it to where I got my inspiration. If I get my inspiration from a professional I sit there judging myself like ‘ooo you missed abit there, that isn’t straight’ etc etc, like hello? Why am I judging myself, it’s a hobby for me, not a profession and I need to teach myself that it’s okay!
  • Having a good everything day. Hair is great, face on point, outfit looking lush… and then there’s your nails which you didn’t get time to do. Yep, it’s irritating. It just kills the whole vibe of the outfit.

There definitely needs to be a part 2 of this because I have plenty of pet peeves!

Until next time…

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

22 Comments

• Reply OriginalPieceMag

I’m the same way! Love your nails!!! 🙂 xoxo HeyitsCarlyRae

February 7, 2017 at 4:30 am
  • Reply MANY pet peeves when it comes to all things nail art related. | Rosi's nails

[…] via Nail Related Pet Peeves ♡ — NailsByCharlie […]

February 7, 2017 at 8:11 am
  • Reply bigmouthjo

We have the same pet peeves. Also I hate it one nail breaks and have to make a decision whether to cut the rest of them.

February 7, 2017 at 11:31 am
  • Reply harrietday98

Omg yes don’t even get me started on gilter it’s such a pain!!

February 7, 2017 at 8:13 pm
    • Reply Charlie-Anne

Base peel off coat is the way to go, I just need to remember that when I’m actually using glitter 😂💅🏼

February 7, 2017 at 9:04 pm
  • Reply anoceanglimmer

I hate not having my nails done! It’s the only pamper thing I love, also I can never paint my right hand. Maybe that’s why I get them professionally done now.

Gemma | http://www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

February 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
  • Reply Serena Reidy

Love your nails! I hate it when the polish smudges and you have to start over again! And loads of gems etc does look really tacky!

February 7, 2017 at 8:37 pm
  • Reply xoJenny

Oh my god this post just says it ALL for me! I’m obsessive and a perfectionist when it comes to my nails and literally the struggles of having nice nails is REAL! I can 10000000% relate to stained/glitter nails…. but sometimes having that blue color or those sweet glittery nails is worth it lol

xo, JJ

February 7, 2017 at 8:52 pm
    • Reply Charlie-Anne

It really is, especially if you’re like means your favourite colour is blue haha, my nail polish collection is 45% shades of just blue! 😂🤗💙

February 7, 2017 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply Kayleigh Zara

I hate glitter too! It gets everywhere I rarely do my nails or get them done but I wish I did more often x

February 7, 2017 at 9:01 pm
    • Reply Charlie-Anne

I wish it didn’t cost so much 💔💔 x

February 7, 2017 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply Eve Morgan

I hate using glitter nail varnish! It never comes off with nail varnish remover, I have to sort of scrape it off haha!

February 7, 2017 at 9:56 pm
    • Reply Charlie-Anne

Yes 😩😩 and even still there’s left over!

February 7, 2017 at 9:57 pm
  • Reply touchofdecadenceblog

This post was so accurate! Glitter is the worst and then the cotton wool/pad gets caught in the glitter and makes it worst! I really would like to get my nails done on a monthly basis but it’s so expensive. Really funny post- loved it! X

February 8, 2017 at 12:08 am
    • Reply Charlie-Anne

Thank you so much & 100% agree with the cotton wool thing😩 x

February 8, 2017 at 7:35 am
  • Reply Chloe

We have the same pet peeves 😂I hate Glitter and painting them is such a chore and they look awful so I try and get gels as often as I can! x

February 8, 2017 at 8:58 am
    • Reply Charlie-Anne

Omg glad I’m not the only one 😫🎉 and ikr!! X

February 8, 2017 at 8:33 pm
  • Reply Experiências e Constatações

We share a few pet peeves! Glitter is one of them. Sometimes I get so frustrated when I try to take the remaining bits off, that I give up, and paint on top of those stubborn little things – I know I shouldn’t, but oh well…

May 19, 2017 at 12:37 pm
    • Reply Charlie Nailed It

Honestly I’m the same, but then I regret it when I have to take both of those coats off and the glitter is there as well as the colour, omg X

June 18, 2017 at 8:38 pm
  • Reply tasha louise

Yes girl!! every nail techs pet peeves, I’m a trained nail tech and everyone seems to have an opinion on me getting my acrylics done by someone else before my holiday!

July 30, 2017 at 11:50 am