When Summer comes, I always want to go for the brightest colours and then I think to myself ‘ok hold up Charles, you cannot rock that’ and I stick with a bog standard colour but hey, doesn’t stop me giving you some Summer nail ideas. Not as complicated as they look, believe me! I’ll leave the main colours I used, but they obviously don’t need to be exact.
Here are my ideas:
– Ice Lolly: One of the best things to have in the Summertime.
– Pineapples: I don’t know about you, but I am obsessed with Pineapples this year. The amount of trinket dishes, ornaments etc I have seen with them on, I want it all.
– Sunshine: To brighten up your day (see what I did there, ha no).
– Happy Clouds: Dedicated to the Brits because our Summer is more clouds than Sunshine.
– Palm Trees: Something we don’t have here in England but are still a very pretty design for nails.
– Bright Aztec Patterns: Can’t go wrong with a basic Aztec using some summery colours.
– Basic Stripe: If you prefer simplicity.
– Floral: You never know, this might just match your Summer outfit patterns, there is plenty of florals to choose from. Use Pinterest and you’ll be addicted to floral nail patterns.
– White with a glitter of your choice: Pretty self explanatory. Simplicity at it’s finest because White will always stand out.
– Blossom Tree: because again, we love the florals for Summer.
– Basic Colorblock: Good design for when you don’t have loads of time on your hands.
– Ice-Cream: Weird craving I had, so I came up with the nail idea instead.
– Glitter base on bright colour: Subtle and then ba-bang, a sprinkle glitter.
– Watermelon: Who doesn’t love this during the summer time? So refreshing. So refresh your nails.
– Sunglasses: They’re just the coolest thing about Summer really. Love me some Primark sunglasses.
– Strawberries: Ok, my idea list is getting a little too fruity, sorry.
– Bright dotted mandala: I LOVE mandalas all year round. You’ve just got to switch up the colours depending on the time of year.
– Bright sprinkles: It reminds me of ice-cream. You can always find actual sprinkle nail polishes in Poundland for those wondering.
Main Colours I used:
Barry M –
Berry Ice-Cream, Dragon Fruit, Black & Pink nail art pens and Key Lime.
Breakfast in Bed, Chin Up Buttercup and Caramel Cupcake.
Long Island Supermodel, Frozen Metal, Sunny Manhattan and Uptown Fashionista.
Sinful Proffesional –
Snow me White.
[You’ll find some more Summer ideas on my Instagram]